A Celebration of Children - Expressing our Love & Giving Thanks!!
Expecting a baby is a very exciting time in the life of
couples wanting a child. As this precious new family
member is carried in its mother’s womb, the couple
immediately begins to connect and care and wonder….
What will he or she look like? Will she have mom’s eyes?
Will he have dad’s sense of humor? They even think
ahead into the future. What talents and interests will he have? What will she do with her gift of life? How will he contribute to this world?
When the couple’s baby is born at last, they are in awe for they have partaken of life’s greatest miracle. No words can describe the joy and gratitude that new parents experience when the child of their hopes and dreams arrives and becomes a part of their lives forever. A love like they never knew is born into their hearts. It will give their lives new meaning and purpose. It will teach them about sacrifice and selflessness. It will fill them with gratitude and laughter. It will be the beginning of their parenting journey!
As the parenting journey begins, new moms and dad to be can expect some important changes in their lives. Preparing in advance for changes to come can help new parents make successful adjustments to their new lifestyle and build a strong foundation for a happy family and healthy attachments.
Following are 5 things new parents can expect:
1. New moms and new dads can expect that life is never going to be the same.
They now have a 24/7 responsibility to care for their newborn. This means:
* taking baby to pediatrician for checkups and vaccinations
2. New moms and new dads can expect to work as a team or encounter some disputes. Discussing and agreeing upon how responsibilities will be divided in caring for the newborn is very important in providing the best care for the baby. It also keeps each partner from feeling overwhelmed, burdened, or angry with the other partner for not doing their part.
3. New moms and new dads can expect to make changes to their usual routine in regards to work, hobbies, and leisure time. They will need to make arrangements for the care of their baby when they go to work or meet their other commitments. With time for other interests being limited, some may need to be suspended or changed. However, they should never neglect having quality time together as a couple. The health of their relationship has an important influence on them as a family.
4. New moms and new dads can expect to learn about parenting and raising a family in the process of doing so. Parents will encounter new challenges with each phase of their child’s development. They will continually learn about their child’s specific needs and personality. At times it may be confusing and they will not know what to do. It is always wise to seek sound advice and wisdom, gain some parenting tips, and learn about childhood stages. Parenting classes are also very beneficial in providing guidance, tools, and help and support to parents so that they enjoy their job and do it well.
5. New moms and new dads can expect to enjoy their baby. Parenting is hard work with many responsibilities. Besides caring for their baby’s physical needs, new parents ought to nurture their relationship with their baby and attend to his or her emotional and attachment needs as well. These include: playing, teaching, hugging, kissing, loving, and enjoying their baby.
Couples can prepare for good parenting by knowing what to expect, making plans for their baby’s care and upbringing, and having realistic expectations. Parenting is not an easy job, yet it is the most important job in the world. Expect it to be challenging, and more than that; expect it to be the most rewarding and enjoyable experience of your life!
5 Things New Mom & Dad to Be Can Expect with a New Baby
As the parents-to-be eagerly expect their new baby, they plan for his or her arrival. They make room in their homes to welcome their special blessing. The parents-to-be prepare bedding, furniture, clothing and other necessities. They try to make it comfortable, inviting, and safe. They also plan to be the best parents they can be. They do not want to make the same mistakes their parents made. Surely, they hope to model the good practices they were brought up with and not repeat the bad. No parent is perfect and they realize this. Yet, the parent-to-be will still try to be that perfect parent, if at all possible.